Show Notes – January 30, 2012
Hello Successful Women, it's your Business Success Coach Trina Newby.
The show really went fast today and there were a few things that I wanted to over and make sure you got the information on the 5 Ways to Promote Yourself & Your Business:
Promoting yourself and your business is the cornerstone of getting known and you can't do without it. It wasn't that long ago out of tradition that girls were told to not brag or boast about themselves and that it was a negative jesture. For those business women that developed a habit of not sharing and you feel uncomfortable, please know that this is something that you must correct.
As a business woman it is vital that you understand the fact that marketing and promotion are the keys to gaining exposure for your business and that the only way to do that is for you to be assertive and have a clear plan on how you're going to implement it.
Below are 5 Ways to Promote Yourself & Your Business
- Ensure Everyone Knows Who You Are and What You Do!
- Each day you'll have different conversations with people. How you take advantage of that is very important. While you don't want to appear to be the "Pink Plaid Jacket Saleswoman" with a push attitude you want to find ways to infuse or merge information about what you do.
- Having the right tools can serve as support for you with this. Tools such as business cards, post cards or a simple brochure can give you the comfort you need to push forward in promoting yourself. You must be willing to invest in the right tools for yourself!
- Represent One Clear Message
- It's nothing wrong with having different businesses as long as they are making money and you have a good support system to make it happen. However, you don't want to confuse people about what you do and what you represent. So, choose the priority business the one thing that you are passionate about and the one thing that you make money from the most. Once you have developed a rapport or relationship with the individual you can then naturally introduce more of your services or companies. Keep your message clear!
- Hold Private Networking Events
- Learn to connect with potential clients in creative ways. You can hold private round table meetings where you privately invite 5-10 women to discuss ways you can help each other through referring.
- You can have a dinner and movie night and have great conversation about how you can refer to one another
- You can support other causes that might relate to your business. For example, if you sell health and wellness products you might find a good breast cancer survival group or organization that you can support. You might decide to sponsor a weight loss support group or event etc.
- Create Alliances with Others that Compliment What You Do
- Creating alliances with businesses that are compatible with yours can be quite beneficial for both. You can refer prospects to one another, join in doing events, teleclass/seminars and a host of other promotions that can benefit you both.
- Note: Always make sure you have a well written letter of understanding as to how the alliance works and what both parties have agreed to.
- Wear Promotional T-Shirts
- Wearing promotional clothing is a great way to let others know what you do. Now it's not necessarily for every business, but it can work for many. Promotional clothing with the right message helps to "break the ice" in conversation, talks to the other person even when you're not noticing it and it helps in getting the message out.
- For example: If you sell cell phones, the back of your shirt could say
- Get A Cell Phone That Works Right! Visit www.IWantAGoodCellPhone".
- A graphic designer could do wonders with coming up with a creative and expressive graphic